You + Us = Wow
Velocity has the following openings. If you think you are a fit, please prepare a crisply worded cover letter and sparkling resume and submit to us via email: email@example.com.
We have a slight preference for traditional paper submissions via snail-mail as well as letterpress, scented and/or glitter. Real live humans inspect all submissions.
Velocity lives and breathes data. We acquire accelerometer, gyroscope and other sensor data from hundreds of millions of smartphones and make real-time determination about what a person is physically doing. We are a tight-knit group with a strong culture and a creative "work as play" approach. The positions below should you choose to apply, are challenging, growth-requiring experiences, working under intense (in a good way) startup conditions serving very real, large customers. If you wish to join, please be prepared and know what you're getting into.
We are looking for a machine learning expert who will help us discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver even better products. Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products.
- Selecting features, building and optimizing classifiers using machine learning techniques
- Data mining using state-of-the-art methods
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Enhancing data collection procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and presenting results in a clear manner
- Creating automated anomaly detection systems and constant tracking of its performance
Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent understanding of deep learning techniques and algorithms (both supervised and unsupervised) such as RNN, k-NN, SVM, CNN, GAN
- Some exposure to digital signal processing techniques
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, etc
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive, Pig, ElasticSearch
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc
- Good scripting, programming, software architecture skills
- Data-oriented personality
- Masters or PhD preferred
Mobile Software Developer
We are looking for a brilliant native mobile software developer with broad platform expertise (both iOS and Android) and who can help with full-stack development. Your primary focus will be building data collection app features and Velocity SDK development.
- Implement pixel perfect mobile user experiences and interfaces
- Develop hybrid mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Participate in and contribute to all phases of the SDLC; strong communication skills for requirement gathering and analysis are essential.
- Develop and follow mobile application coding standards to facilitate code maintenance and enhancement
- Provide deep systems support (architecture, system analysis, programming) for the developed mobile applications
- Participate in company infrastructure, tools and communication
- Minimum 3 years mobile design and development experience
- Proficiency in building cross-platform native and hybrid applications in a mobile development framework: iOS, Android native code as well as web views.
- Experience with multithreading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices
- A solid understanding of object-oriented design, client-server architecture, data algorithms and relational database design / development
- Experience integrating back-end business systems (ERP, CRM, Business Intelligence, other SoA-exposed platforms) into mobile applications a plus
- Experience with Scrum development using industry-standard SDLC methodologies
- Experience with version control systems (ex: git)
We are looking for a passionate account manager who will partner with our customers and ensure their long-term success. The account manager role is to manage a portfolio of assigned customers, develop new business from existing clients and actively seek new opportunities.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to customer account management
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Negotiate contracts and close agreements to maximize profit
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop new business with existing clients and/or identify areas of improvement to exceed sales quotas
- Forecast and track key account metrics (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts)
- Prepare reports on account status
- Identify and grow opportunities within territory and collaborate with sales teams to ensure growth attainment
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Proven work experience as an account manager, key account manager, junior account manager or other relevant experience
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Solid experience with CRM software (we like HubSpot but also use Trello)
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple account management projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field