Part 1: Install the app
The Accelerate App isn't in the Apple App store, use the link below to install.
We recommend using your computer for reading the instructions below while you install, setup, and configure the app on your phone.
ON YOUR IPHONE: Click this link to install the app (text or email it to yourself to access from your phone): https://rink.hockeyapp.net/apps/f9305a705fc447bda4998cef7287c2ab (don't click the link from a computer). If you're having trouble with the above link try this one: https://goo.gl/sfHLkC
Press the home button and find the Accelerator app.
- Open the app. You will see "Untrusted Enterprise Developer" and be unable to open the app. This is normal, press cancel and follow the instructions below.
Go to: Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management > Enterprise App: Concrete Interactive, LLC > Trust "Concrete Interactive, LLC" > tap "Trust"
Return to Accelerate and open again.
- Press "Always Allow" for Accelerate to access your location when the app is not in use.
On the Health Access screen, tap "Turn All Categories On" then tap "Allow" in the top right corner.
Your app is now properly installed and you are at the home screen.
Press the "Register" button (NOT Login).
Do NOT enter your phone number, Press the "Use Password" button.
Username: Enter your mTurk ID (No email address is required).
Choose a Password.
Press the "Sign Up" button.
Next you have a notification alert, tap "Allow".
Congrats, you're registered and you're ready to record data in Part 2.
Your screen should look like the picture below.
If at anytime you need to navigate back to these instructions use the "+" button at the top right corner of the screen.
- If it does, please continue to Part 2. If not, you'll need to start over and follow the instructions more carefully.
Part 2: Record Data
Like we mentioned before you will be "recording" yourself reading and watching videos in 5 minute increments in 6 unique body positions. (It's actually your motion that we're recording, you will not be asked to use your camera at any time.)
Here are a few things important things you need to know before you begin recording:
- This is a 1 hour task, you must complete it all at once.
- You ABSOLUTELY CAN'T answer your phone, respond to text messages, or do anything other than read or watch videos while doing the task. (Don't put your phone in silent mode because you'll need to hear queues it will be giving you.)
- You ABSOLUTELY MUST stay in the position listed for the task the entire 5 minutes of each recording.
- While in the activity position, it is critical that you use hold and use your phone as you normally would (i.o.w. don't be stiff or unnatural, don't overthink it).
The recording tasks will be completed using the tools inside the black box at the bottom of your phone screen (in app).
Activities: At the top of the black box you should see the first activity listed. Taping on the activity name takes you to the menu of activities you'll be recording. Start at the top and work your way down the list.
Record Button: This is at the bottom of your phone screen in the black box it is round and red.
Upon choosing an activity you'll be directed to the Instructions screen for that activity.
When ready you'll press record and the app will take you to the activity screen with pre-populated reading or video watching tasks.
Accelerate will tell you when 5 minutes have passed. Press the red button again, which is now square for "stop".
You will be asked to save your recording, press "Yes" if you accurately recorded the task for 5 minutes. If something went wrong then press "No" and record the activity again.
Choose the next activity in the list by pressing "Activity".
Rinse and repeat until you have made all twelve 5 minute recordings then proceed to Part 3, uploading your data to our server.
Part 3: Upload Your Data
Once you have recorded all 12 Activities you need to upload your recorded data to our server.
From the main app screen, tap "Settings" in the upper-left corner.
To begin the upload, tap the "Upload Recorded Data" button. (If you do not wish to use your data plan make sure you are on a wifi network before uploading.)
You will see an activity indicator (spinner) while the data is uploading.
You MUST keep the app open for the duration of the upload.
To have this Task accepted and get paid
- Be sure you uploaded all the data you recorded.
- After uploading your data, return to the HIT in Amazon and complete the survey to receive payment.